Disability Attorney in Indianapolis
Michael G. Myers Attorney at Law is a disability attorney in Indianapolis who handles disability claims and appeals for clients throughout the central Indiana region.
Disability Lawyer Practice Specialties
- Social Security Disability (SSD)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Survivor benefits
- Children’s SSI claims
- Disability appeals
- ALJ disability hearings
- Federal appeals
- And more!
Qualifications for SSD and SSI Benefits
Your chances to succeed increase vastly when applying for SSD and SSI benefits with the assistance of a qualified disability lawyer. Hiring a Social Security lawyer in Indianapolis forces the Social Security Administration to evaluate your case more thoroughly.
Social Security Disability benefits requirements:
- You must be disabled (as per the Social Security Administration’s definition)
- You must have enough compiled work credits. However, you probably meet the requirements if you have worked at least five of the last ten years.
Supplemental Security Income benefits requirements:
- You must be 65 years of age or older, blind, or disabled (as per the Social Security Administration’s definition)
- Your income is limited (this includes receiving free food, free shelter, and other government benefits)
- Your assets are valued at $2,000 or less ($3,000 for married couples)
- You must be a United States citizen or registered as a qualified alien.
No Fees unless Benefits Are Awarded
Our office offers free consultations and does not charge a fee unless you receive benefits. Handling claims for SSD and SSI benefits is the only type of legal work we do.